- Korea Development Institute (“KDI”, “we”, “our”, or ”us“) tales the privacy of our users very seriously, ad complies with the requirements in ”Personal Information Protection Act“ and ”Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, ETC.“
Personal information you provide us when registering will be used for no other purpose than followings:
- Newsletter subscription service
- Question and answer service
- KSP Expert Registration
Use/Retention and its Disposal
Your personal information will be destroyed immediately after the purpose of its collection or use has been achieved after being retained for a certain period of time in accordance with our internal retention policies:
- Newsletter subscription service - It will be destroyed upon newsletter subscription termination
- Question and answer service - It will be destroyed upon question and answer process termination
- KSP Expert Registration - Unless otherwise requested, KDI will retain the users’ personal information for 10 years to establish and operate the specialist network in each sector.
We collect the following personal information.
- Newsletter subscription service - Full Name, E-mail Address
- Question and answer service - Full Name, Country, Name of Company and Position, E-mail Address
- KSP Expert Registration - Full Name, Country, Contact Number, E-Mail Address, Name of the Company and Position, Education Background and Work Experiences, Language Proficiency
Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party
KDI will/may transfer some or all of personal information listed below to a third party.
- Recipient: Ministry of Economy and Finance (MOEF)
- Items: Full Name, Name of the Company and Position, Contact Number and E-Mail, Education Background and Work Experiences
- Purpose: 1. To review the qualifications for the selection of the Project Researchers, 2. To establish and operate the expert network in each sector
We take following measures to secure personal information.
- Administrative measures: internal management plans, regular education programs for employees
- Technical measures: strict clearance procedures for the private information management system, access control system, one-way password encryption, personal information (communications) encryption, and antivirus or security softwares
- Physical measures: restricted access to areas such as data storage or management system rooms.
Entrustment of Personal Information Processing
We entrusts the following tasks to smoothly process our work. If the contents of consignment or the trustee is changed, we will disclose it through this personal information processing policy without any delay.
- Trustee: AtoM
- Consignment: KSP Homepage Maintenance
Users’ Rights and Method of Exercising Those Rights
All applicants reserve the rights to exercise the following rights regarding the protection of personal information.
- Users or their legal representatives may request the inspection, correction, deletion, or processing suspension of personal information.
- In this regard, please contact our personnel in charge of handling personal information in writing, or by phone or email, then we will process your request immediately.
- General Affairs and Personnel Unit, Division of General Administration Korea Development Institute
- Address: 263 (Bangok-dong), Namsejong-ro, Sejong-si 30149, Korea
- Tel: 82-44-550-4316
- E-mail: email@example.com
Office in Charge of Personal Information Inspection
In pursuant to Article 35 (Inspection of Personal Information) of the “Personal Information Protection Act”, users may request our department to allow the inspection of your personal information, and we will endeavor to process the request as promptly as possible.
Other Contacts to Consult about Privacy Infringement
If you are unsatisfied with our responses or seeking professional advices, you may refer your complaint to the following agencies for assistance:
- 1. Korea Internet Security Center (by the Korea Information &Security Agency) Duties: Reporting personal information infringement, Consultation Website: http://privacy.kisa.or.kr Tel: (Without Area Code) 118 Address: (138-950) IT Venture Tower, Garak-dong 78, Songpa-gu, Seoul, Korea 05717
- 2. Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee (by the Korea Information &Security Agency) Website: http://www.kopico.go.kr Tel: 82-2-405-5119
- 3. Korean National Police Agency Cyber Bureau Website: http://www.ctrc.go.kr Tel: 82-1566-0112
- 4. Supreme Prosecutors’ Office Cybercrime Investigation Department Website: http://www.spo.go.kr Tel: 82-2-3480-3573